Who We Are
The California LGBT Arts Alliance is a network of over 70 non-profit arts organizations and 1800 individual artists and supporters in Southern California. We include all artists, arts organizations and individuals who support our mission as part of our alliance.
What We Do
- The California LGBT Arts Alliance organizes statewide touring exhibitions and performances that will strengthen the members’ artistic programs.
- The Alliance conducts technical assistance workshops that enhance our members’ capacity to pursue government and foundation grants.
- The Alliance publishes a regular E-mail newsletter that improves statewide communication and collaboration.
- The Alliance publishes a monthly calendar of California LGBT art events on our website.
- The Alliance works closely with the California Arts Council (CAC) and with other statewide infrastructure networks to disseminate information about funding issues, artistic opportunities and meetings to LGBT artists and organizations throughout the state.
The California LGBT Arts Alliance promotes social justice, advocates for cultural equity, increases public understanding of diversity and presents artists whose work reflects the LGBT community’s lives and experiences. Our programs promote artistic collaborations, financial partnerships and public policies that enhance the development of LGBT artists and arts organizations in Southern California.
Our Board of Directors
- Dante Alencastre
- Greg Day
- Gary Freeman
- Leo Garcia
- Glenne McElhinney
- Tina Takemoto
- C. Jerome Woods
How The Site Works
- Read our current Newsletter and access an archive of previous newsletters.
- Find links to all of the member organizations in our alliance.
- Find links to Southern California LGBT artists and arts organizations.
- Get information about current arts funding for individual artists and arts organizations.
Join Our Email List today!
If you are a California LGBT artist/arts organization and would like to be listed on our site as a member AND/OR just receive our newsletter, please sign up on the JOIN page.
Become A Member Organization.
- Your events and projects will be featured on our website, in our monthly Arts Calendar and on our Facebook page.
- Your organization will be invited to participate in educational programs that will teach grant writing skills, website development, audience development, and other programs that will strengthen your organizations capacity for growth.
- Your organization will be invited to participate in the planning of statewide touring programs and exhibitions.